A new church is starting this month in Valaparasio, Indiana, pastored by Eric Ford. The doctrinal statement on their website gives small hints of their false teaching, but not much:
- We believe that the King James Bible is the divinely inspired and preserved Word of God without error.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith without works.
- We believe in the eternal security of the believers (once saved, always saved) and people can never lose their salvation after they are truly saved.
- We believe in a triune God which is made up of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh. He was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified on the cross, and was bodily risen from the dead three days later.
- We believe in a literal hell where the unsaved will be punished and tormented for eternity.
- We believe that the rapture (or the Second Coming) is after the tribulation, but before God pours out His wrath on the Earth. We reject the pre-tribulational rapture and the imminent return of Christ.
- We believe that God created the universe in six literal days. We reject the gap-theory, the day-age theory, and theistic evolution.
- We believe that marriage is between a man and a woman and any sexual activities outside of marriage is a sin. We believe that sodomy (homosexuality) is an abomination and is punishable by death penalty.
- We believe that every Christian should go out and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as stated in the Great Commission. We reject all 5 points of Calvinism.
- We believe that the earth is a sphere. We reject the Flat Earth Model.
The church is listed in the New IFB directory as seen below.
The false teaching that can be expected at this church is everything that is part of the New IFB movement.
The new church plant is announced with this video:
Ford identifies himself with the New IFB movement in this video below, for example: